The NC-MSEN Pre-College Program at NCSU is providing a two-week non-residential summer program from Monday – Friday, June 18 – 29, 2018.
The theme of our summer program is “Vex Robotics and Coding”. Come join us this summer as we explore the world of Vex Robotics.
Our hands-on approach will include learning about how Vex Robotics work.
Students will work together in a team:
– to build a specific robot to compete in a challenge
– to program their robot in ROBOTC which is the computer language that is utilized by Vex Robotics
Students will also learn about NC State University through:
– an admissions presentation
– various tours of the campus
– eating in one of the campus dining halls for lunch daily
Don’t miss this wonderful opportunity to build, learn how to code, and to learn about NC State University!
Please scroll down to find the application links for the NCSU – Raleigh program.
Students applying for the NCSU NC-MSEN Pre-College Program must apply online. Students must currently be in the 6th grade – 11th grade. Current 5th & 12th grade student are not allowed to participate.
The cost of our camp is $550 for non-MSEN students; this price includes lunch every day at one of university’s dining halls which has an all you can eat format with options for all types of allergies and diets such as vegetarian and vegan. The price also includes any field trips and tours.
The cost of our camp is $425 for current MSEN students.
Registration deadline is April 20, 2018 at 5:00PM.
Here are the links and information for the NC State University program:
- Review our policies and procedures
- Click this link to access our Consent and Release form, consent and liability release form. Please fill out this form, print it, and sign it. The form must be uploaded into our online application form.
- Please obtain your child’s latest grade report. For middle school students, you must obtain their report card from the 2017-18 school year that shows the child’s latest marking period completed (no PowerSchool reports will be accepted). For high school students, you must submit a transcript (an unofficial transcript will be accepted) to verify the child’s grade point average and courses. This document must be uploaded into our program application.
- Complete the online application form.
Here is the link for the Rocky Mount program:
The 2018 Summer Application for this camp is being finalized. Please check back periodically for updates.