The NC-MSEN Pre-College Program at NCSU is providing a two-week non-residential summer program during the last two weeks of June and a one week program in Rocky Mount during the last week of July. The theme of our program: “DRONES AND STEM: YOUR EYES IN THE SKY”. Come join us this summer as we explore the world of drones. Our hands-on approach will include activities, labs and challenges that will expose students to drones and related technology. Don’t miss this wonderful opportunity to build, fly and compete with drones.
The NC-MSEN Pre-College Program at NCSU is providing a two week non-residential summer program from June 19 – 30 at NC State University and a one week program in Rocky Mount at NC Wesleyan University from July 24 – 28.
Please scroll down to find the application links for the NCSU – Raleigh program.
There are three other NC-MSEN Pre-College Program sites across North Carolina. Students may participate at the program site that is closest to their home:
Students applying for the NCSU NC-MSEN Pre-College Program must apply online. Students must currently be in the 6th grade – 11th grade. Current 5th & 12th grade student are not allowed to participate. Fees are outlined within the online application.
Registration deadline is April 28, 2017 at 5:00PM.
Here is the link for the Rocky Mount program:
Rocky Mount program application
Here are the links and information for the NC State University program:
- Review the policies and procedures
- Complete the online application form.
- Print and sign the consent and liability release form.
- Get teacher recommendations: 2 recommendations from teachers using the MSEN Recommendation Form (one teacher must be a math teacher)
- For middle school students, you must submit a report card from the 2016-17 school year that shows the child’s latest marking period completed (no PowerSchool reports please). For high school students, you must submit a transcript (an unofficial transcript will be accepted) to verify the child’s grade point average.