The NC-MSEN Pre-College Program at NCSU is available for students who live in anywhere in the Raleigh-Durham metro area and northeastern North Carolina. There are three other NC-MSEN Pre-College Program sites across North Carolina. Students may participate at the program site that is closest to their home.
Other NC-MSEN Pre-College Program sites:
Students applying for the NCSU NC-MSEN Pre-College Program must apply online. Each student is also required to pay a non-refundable registration fee after acceptance into the program. Fees are outlined within the online application.
- Review the expectations and requirements
- Complete the online application form.
- Print and sign the consent and liability release form.
- Get teacher recommendations: 2 recommendations from teachers using the MSEN Recommendation Form (one teacher must be a math teacher)
- Request a transcript or report card: For middle school students, you must submit the final report card from the 2015-16 school year. For high school students, you must submit a transcript (an unofficial transcript will be accepted) to verify the child’s grade point average. If your child is a 9th grader, you must submit your child’s final 8th grade report card instead of a transcript.
Registration deadline is September 23, 2016.
For students in Wake County
If you attend any of the following schools in Wake County, please contact the individual schools about membership in our program.
- North Garner
- Southeast Raleigh High School